|Feb 4th at SBSC|| |
Feb 4, 2013
We had a great team experience at Dos Pueblos on Saturday at SPRINTAPALOOZA. Here's a very brief recap: SBSC will go down in the history books as the first champion, as we outscored Buenaventura by 600 points for a total team score of 2,600. Thank you to the athletes for a tremendous effort - it would have been difficult for me to part ways with the trophy. SBSC won the bulk of the relays and we dominated the competition in the 12 and under age group. Hopefully next year we'll get a few more teams to tighten the competition up a bit.
Thanks to Kyle Butler, Bob Bell and Mark Galbraith for all of their hard work on figuring out the scoreboard, the tremendous hospitality/snack bar staff and all of our parent volunteers that made the meet possible. I've been dreaming about the format of that meet for quite some time and I was very pleased to see the dream become a reality.
I would like to apologize to the families that had signed up for relays but were not able to participate. Please alert the swim club office if your athlete was at the meet (signed up) but was not able to participate in relays so that we can refund you your entry.
Here are two requests from the coaching staff to the parents concerning meet entries in the future:
1. When you sign up for a swim meet on the team website please make sure to click "save changes" so that your request can be processed. I think there were a few families that didn't finish the online entry process and didn't sign up completely. You can only sign-up for meets if you have a login and password (an SBSC team account) so please e-mail the club and get yourself an account!
2. If your athlete is signed up for the meet we are anticipating that they will participate, so if your plans change last minute please let us know if possible. We had quite a few relay only swimmers that didn't get to compete because some of our entered swimmers didn't make it to the meet due to sickness and we couldn't fill some of the relays. Try to alert a coach if possible so we can make adjustments.
SBSC also competed in a Red/White competition in Camarillo over the weekend - the meet recap will be posted on the website in the next few days.
Going forward we have a few meets on the horizon:
Athlete entries for Central California J.O.s and the San Diego Senior meet are due TODAY! Please log-in and enter the meet before we send out our team entries. If you are confused about how to enter please e-mail coach Mark before NOON.
Athlete entries for the Coastal Section Champs aren't due til next week, but I highly recommend entering the meet sooner rather than later. Check the meet form on the team website.
In other news.
1. I am pleased to announce that SBSC will be partnering with ARENA for all team apparel in the future. ARENA recently became the outfitter for the USA Swimming National Team and they are trending very well in the sport of swimming. The competition products are the best in the business, the apparel is good and they are very excited to work with SBSC. We will be setting up an online team vendor as well as a local vendor that will be providing suits, parkas, bags, warm-ups and equipment in the near very near future. Team suits will not be available my the February championship meets, but should be ready for the start of the LCM season.
2. Some team gear is already available in the form of swim caps and t-shirts. Check the GEAR tab on the website for more info.
3. I'm hesitant to send out an teamwide e-mail anytime something happens with the team so please check the website on a semi-consistent basis for updates. The team website should be updated more and more frequently as I get settled into the job.
That's all for now. See you at the pool
sbsc head swim coach